process to add a new product is Products > Products and Add product via the
will then need to complete your products required fields.
▪ Name – Name of the product as it should appear in the store and within the Administration panel.
▪ Categories – Categories that the product will be assigned to. Define the products main category by select the corresponding from the list.
▪ Price – Base product price in your stores main currency.
▪ Full description – Full product description appearing on the product as it should appear in the store. The description can be either a plain text or a formatted HTML text.
▪ Status – (Active – product is available, Disabled – product is not available, or Hidden – product does not appear, but customers can access it via a direct link).
▪ Store - Store to which the product originally belongs.
▪ Images – Pair of images to illustrate the product: a product thumbnail and a large product image.
Both images can be either uploaded from a local computer or the server file system, or linked to a remote location where the required image is physically located.
Images must be of one of the following formats only: JPEG, GIF, PNG. Maximum size of an uploaded image depends on your server configuration. As a rule, it should not exceed 2 MB.
▪ Options type - Select a type of the product options, i.e. how this product options and variants should appear in the store: Simultaneous - all options and variants appear simultaneously and independently; Sequential - options and variants are chosen successively one after another, and customers will be able to choose only the allowed option combination, avoiding exceptions.
▪ Exceptions type - Select a type of the product options exceptions: Forbidden - all option exceptions are forbidden, and the customer cannot add the product with such option combination to the cart, all other option combinations become permissible; Allowed - all option exceptions are allowed, and the customer can add the product with such option combination to the cart, all other option combinations become impermissible. To specify product options, use the controls under the Options tab
Pricing / Inventory
▪ CODE – Internal product code (SKU number).
▪ List price – Price suggested by the product manufacturer.
▪ In stock – Number of products in the stock. By default, products that are out of stock do not appear on the storefront until you enable the Allow negative amount in inventory option in Settings → General/Catalog.
▪ Zero price action – Allowed action on the product if the product has zero price. Allow or disallow users to add the products to the cart or ask users to enter a custom price.
▪ Inventory – Way of tracking the inventory of the current product: If the product is selected to be tracked with options, the common product quantity becomes unavailable, and you are supposed to specify the number of in-stock items individually for each product option/variant.
▪ Minimum order quantity - Minimum number of product items that a customer must add to the cart to be able to order the product. The minimum amount always appears on a product details page of the storefront right after the product price.
▪ Maximum order quantity – Maximum number of product items that a customer can order at a time. 0 means no maximum limit.
▪ Quantity step – Number of product items between the two choices in the Quantity select box.
▪ List quantity count – Maximum of choices in the Quantity select box.
▪ Taxes – Select applicable taxes. To configure the set of available taxes, use the section Shipping/Taxes.
▪ User groups – User groups whose members can access the product.
▪ Creation date – Date when the product was added to the catalog.
▪ Avail since – Date when the product becomes available for sale.
▪ Out-of-stock actions – Select if customers should be able to buy the product in advance before it is not yet available for sale, or sign up to receive an email notification when the product is available. Note that the "Buy in advance" option requires that you have the product in stock, while the "Sign up for notification" option requires that you have it out-of-stock. Also, the "Sign up for notification" option cannot apply to products which are tracked with options.
▪ Product details view - Choose a template for the page view.
▪ Feature comparison – If selected, the product can be chosen for comparison. Availability of the feature comparison chart on the storefront is controlled by a separate block with the Feature Comparison content type
Click Create at the top of the page to complete.