In addition to the default theme included with your WordPress installation, you can also install your own WordPress theme to change the look and style of your site.
Download & Upload Method
- From the WordPress dashboard, expand the Appearance menu in the left hand navigation panel. Click the Themes link.
- Click the Add New button
- Click the Upload Theme button, locate your theme zip file and then click Install Now. Then, click Activate.
- From the Appearance > Themes page , click on the Add New button. You can search the Free Theme Directory right from your WordPress dashboard. Find a theme you like (you can use the search box or the feature filter to sort by various options)
- Once you find a theme you like, click Install. Once the theme is installed, just click the Activate button. And just like that, your site has a brand new look.
- To manage your WordPress themes, expand the Appearance menu in the WordPress Dashboard.
- Here, you’ll see the Themes page.
- The very first theme listed on this page is your Active theme. Here we also see an option to Customise. If you click this button, you’ll see a preview window that allows you to make stylistic changes to your site, such as your Site Identity (Site Title, Tagline & Site Icon). From here, you can also make changes to Menus and the Front Page.
- If you return back to the Themes page, you’ll see a grid list of available themes in addition to your active theme. These are themes that have been also installed on your WordPress site, but aren’t active.
- In the left-hand panel of the preview window, you can edit the theme settings. These settings will differ, depending on what theme features the theme supports.
- To accept the new settings and activate the theme all in one step, click the Save & Activate button at the top of the left-hand panel.