With WordPress, you can easily create a custom menu, which usually serves as a navigation menu for your site.
Custom menus in WordPress may contain links to pages, categories, custom links or other content types. You can also specify a different navigation label for a menu item as well as assign other attributes.
There’s no limit on how many menus you can create, so if your theme includes more than one menu location, you can choose which custom menu to associate with each location. You can also use custom menus in conjunction with the Custom Menus widget.
How to Create a Custom Menu in WordPress
- To get started creating a custom menu, log in to your WordPress site and click to expand the Appearance menu on the left side of the WordPress Dashboard.
- Click on the Menus link in the Appearance menu. You’ll now see the Menus editor page.
- Enter your menu name, and click Create menu.
- Now you’re ready to add menu items from the boxes on the left, such as pages, categories and links.
- If you’d like to change which menu options you see from this page, click to expand the Screen Options tab. Now you can add other menu items options such as posts, tags or formats, or show advanced menu properties.
- When you have your menu items arranged in order, click Save Menu. You now have a new navigation menu that can be added to any menu location on your WordPress site.